About this item
- New 12 MP Hi speed image sensor for improved low light performance and noise reduction
- Bright F2.0 high speed Lens; Focal length (equiv 35 millimeter ) : 4.5 millimeter to 18.0 millimeter (25 millimeter to 100 millimeter ); Aperture Range f/2.0 (wide) f/4.9 (tele); Focus Range Wide/Tele: 3.9 inch/10 centimeter to infinity Super Macro Mode: 0.4 inch /1 centimeter to infinity, focal length 30 to 100 millimeter (equivalent); Shutter Speed- 1/2 to 1/2000 seconds (Night Scene, A mode: upto 4 seconds.)
- Dual Quad Core TruePic VIII Image Processor and special features is action track sensor system, zero lag pro capture mode, raw capture, night time live composite mode, microscope modes
- Field sensor system with GPS, Manometer, Compass, and temperature sensors; Battery Life : Approximately 340 images , 50 minute video (under standard JEITA testing) , 110 minute video (when zoom and other operational functions are not used) when repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 minutes
- Waterproof to 50 feet, F, Dust proof, Crush proof to 220 lbf, Shockproof from 7 feet, Freeze proof to 14 degrees, AntiFog lens;AF System Type: CMOS Contrast Detection System
Rugged. Durable. Tough. Now Add Smart.
Get awesome imaging power with the Olympus Tough TG-5. It’s waterproof (50 ft / 15 m), shockproof (7 ft / 2.1 m), crushproof (220 lbf / 100 kgf), freezeproof (14°F / -10°C), and dustproof to survive everything from a grueling hike through mountains to a 5-year-old playing with it by the pool. The TG-5’s rugged design is packed with pro shooting features like an F2.0 high-speed lens, 20 fps burst shooting in RAW, and anti-fog dual pane glass for spectacular images in every environment.
TG-5 shown with optional CSCH-123 Sport Holder.
F2.0 High-Speed Lens
The TG-5 has a blazing-fast F2.0 lens made to capture action and adventure. Shoot bright, detail-rich video and blur-free stills even with fast-moving subjects. It’s perfect for shooting at dusk, dawn, around a campfire, or even capturing a coral reef in stunning clarity.
Low Light? No Problem
Take the TG-5 into the world’s most challenging shooting conditions and come back with jaw-dropping shots. Thanks to its specialized image sensor and advanced dual quad core TruePic VIII Processor, you’ll get photos with little noise and increased dynamic range. Even in low light, your shots will be bright and clear.
Insane Shooting Speeds
Freeze fast-moving action with ease. Take RAW shots up to a blazing 20 fps. Nail difficult photos requiring split-second timing with the TG-5’s Pro Capture Mode. It buffers a running series of high-resolution images, then captures an exact moment plus the previous 5 frames with a single button press. Never miss a critical shot again.
Ultra HD 4K Video
Capture your adventures in vivid Ultra HD. The TG-5 shoots video in 4K so you can watch your rafting trip, reef dive, and desert hike in spectacular lifelike resolution. The TG-5 also features Full HD 120 fps high-speed video for slow-motion playback. 4K Time Lapse Video lets you create short videos of long periods of time.
Action Track Sensors
Tell more exciting stories! Record movement and environmental data with built-in Action Track Sensors. You’ll find a GPS for latitude and longitude, a compass for direction, a temperature sensor, and a manometer for altitude and water depth. You’ll always know where you are and have a record where you’ve been.
Data Log Mode
Data Log Mode records tracking data for extended time periods. Use the free Olympus Image Track app to simultaneously view still images and videos with your data on a smart device for an immersive viewing experience. Plus, you can export photos and video with data overlays to relive your adventures.
Immediately share the awesome photos and video you’ve shot. The TG-5’s built-in Wi-Fi instantly transfers video and images to your smart device using the free Olympus Image Share app. Plus, compose images, control the camera’s settings, and shoot remotely all from your smart device.
Powerful Macro Modes
Shoot flowers, insects, and other wildlife in stunning detail. Microscope Mode lets you get as close as 1 cm to your subject, and Microscope Control Mode offers precise magnification in steps up to 44.5x. Focus Bracketing and Stacking Modes produce shots with exquisite sharpness and maximum depth of field.
Deep Water, Starry Nights
Go exploring under the waves with Underwater Shooting Modes, including Snapshot, Wide, and Macro. Underwater HDR Mode combines multiple images to create photos with enhanced light and shadow. After the sun sets, nighttime Live Composite Mode lets you easily shoot amazing cityscapes and star trails.
The TG-5 has been thoughtfully designed so you can operate the camera while wearing heavy gloves. The camera’s ergonomic design features an Accessory Lock to secure optional lenses and other accessories, and Custom Modes let you instantly access favorite settings via the main Mode Dial.
Lens Options & Accessories
The waterproof FCON-T01 Fisheye Converter Lens captures ultra-wide shots, and the waterproof TCON-T01 Teleconverter Lens extends the TG-5’s zoom to almost 7x. Get ideal macro lighting with the LG-1 Light Guide or the waterproof FD-1 Flash Diffuser. Use the PT-058 Underwater Housing to take the TG-5 down to 147 feet (45 meters).